Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The truth about Amy...

My technology background and experience starts out as a rather sad tale. But I suppose it must be told.

As a child I never found my typing abilities adequate. While others sped home after school to type away on instant messenger, I glared at my mother for denying me the privilege. Now I thank her.

Really, I always felt discouraged by my slow typing and inability to win video games. I just wasn't in to technology. Luckily, my high school teachers required me to turn in lots of typed up papers. Necessity proved my only cure. As I sat up late on more than one occasion, just typing away, I eventually gained confidence in typing as well as speed.

Other than that, I still don't know much about technology, but I want to learn more :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you have a positive attitude about learning more . . . that will come in very useful in this class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the real truth about Amy...and it is all good. I enjoyed your comment. The important point is this: technology is a means to an end, not an end in itself. If it increases efficiency, makes us more productive, helps us improve our talents and reach our goals, then good. Use it. But it can also suck up time and energy to no good end if allowed to. All the best to you. cwd

    ReplyDelete